Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 4 - April 7, 2010

Hey family,

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Baltimore and Tenessee and everything. I'm also glad you got home safely. I wish I had been able to go, but I get to go to Hungary so I guess we're even. I did get all of your postcards. Or at least 4 of them, I think that's probably all of them. That's so funny that Jimmy stowed away for the trip. I want to see those pictures.

So being zone leader is okay. We have to show the newbies the ropes and stuff, so it is some extra work and meetings, but it's okay. I have been keeping up pretty well with Hungarian, but it is really hard. I guess it is in the top 3 hardest languages in the world. It is, however, very powerful. There are certain words for "perfect" that are reserved only for deity and things like that, but with that power there is a dark side. Our teacher Petty Testver (means "Brother") said that the curses in Hungarian are so terrible and vile that they make his soul hurt. pretty crazy. I don't know if I've talked about my teachers yet, but they are both really awesome. Petty and Petersen are their names and we are getting another one in a few weeks that is replacing Petersen named LeFevre. He's really awesome too. I feel really blessed to have them as teachers.

With General Conference, we just went to the auditorium to watch all of the sessions. I was hoping we would get to go someplace else, but there are too many of us. The talks all were really awesome and I did enjoy it.

This week, the Albanians left, except for elder Asquith. (I'll send pictures home soon with a few of him) They're not sure if his medication exists in Albania so they're making him wait a few weeks until they can find out. until then he has been assigned to Smith Elder and me to be his companion. He is hilarious and super laid back though, so it'll be fun.

A package would be awesome. Especially with my iPod and the speakers. I guess the Hungarian mail system does have a few problems with stuff diappearing. The only other thing I could think of that I might need would be some ties. Oh and i guess they want us to get carbon Monoxide alarms, because a few elders died in a neighboring country from a leaking heater and we have similar heaters in Hungary. They said there is one that is approved by the church. It is model KN-COPP-BL5 and it can be ordered by calling 800-433-5331. If you find another one, preferably battery powered due to the different power, that you think will work, that'd be awesome.

Other than that, nothing has changed here. The days are still long and busy. I still miss you all a ton. make sure you forward this to Grandma Rosie. She sent me a card that really brightened my day and i really appreciated it. I'm sorry my emails are kind of lame, but there's not really too much to talk about. I love you all and I'm looking forward to talking to you at the airport when we are on our way to Hungary. (The older hungarians' flight plans say they have a 4 hour layover in Paris, france and ours will most likely be the same.) Be safe and happy all of you.

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers