Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 6 - April 21, 2010

Hey family,

I haven't received that package of photos yet, but now I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad you got my photo memory card and that you enjoyed them. I'm still taking pictures and keeping track of who everyone is. Yes Elder Gamblin is very tall. It's crazy. I'm really glad I have the Lego's some days. Usually it's pretty busy, but every once in a while on P-Day I need to unwind and just play with Lego's. The huge Hungarian flag is in our classroom on the wall. Well actually it's in our little babies' room right now, but on Monday, when we clean their room, we steal it back. It's a tradition. Cami would think Hansen Elder is cute. I won't tell him that though. He is single.

I'm really glad Larissa still comes around sometimes, and I'm glad you welcome her.

The carbon monoxide alarm looks like it should be fine. I'll be sure I keep the batteries fresh and new. I have no intention of getting poisoned on my mission.

I have heard about the volcanoes in Iceland. There was supposed to be an Elder from Estonia coming in yesterday, but he got delayed because of the ash and stuff. That's pretty crazy about the snow cement though. That would be terrible.

I haven't used the fluoride drops yet, but it might be good to get a few refills before I leave. I was planning on starting when i get to Hungary.

I'm looking forward to getting dad's letter now. I always love getting letters and emails from all of you. I kind of have to do the same thing while I'm typing because there is the flashing counter up in the corner constantly reminding me of how little time I have. But your emails are always wonderful I love having this little chunk of time to hear about home.

So the only exciting news this week is the new Hungarians and the new Albanians. I've met most of them now, and they all seem pretty cool. It's pretty crazy being an 'ancient' already. I feel like our class is really far behind because my companion Smith Elder does not understand practically anything, and yet when I offer to help he just says he wants to study vocab. It's starting to really bother me and I don't know what to do. Our teachers have started railing on us on a daily basis because "we" are not progressing and "we" are not living up to our full potential. I try to help him but he refuses to be helped and I can't spoon feed him anymore.

Sorry about the rant but it's really been weighing on my this week and I don't know what to do anymore. I have had some really hard days the past few weeks because of this and he simply won't listen to me.

That's really the only news. I love you all and I hope you are all doing well and I hope Cami is still behaving herself.

love,
Bryan

1 comment:

  1. A great letter. I feel bad because I maybe should have written him by now too. I'll work on that! Crouch Elder sounds like he is going to be a great leader in his mission. The Mossi's are so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete

Followers