Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 10 - May 19, 2010



Dear Family,

I get that same feeling when I wake up in the morning. I'm getting really excited to get onto Magyarorszag(Hungary) and get out of the MTC forever. I did enjoy my time here overall, 12 weeks is just a long time. Ask Kevin, he knows.

I'm thinking Jimmy is getting pretty stoked to go. I need to get some pictures with him here at the MTC before we leave.

It's been nice to talk to some people I know. I guess Greece has been all crazy though, because almost every Greek missionary's visa got flat-out denied. Tom is actually in Chicago now. I feel kind of bad for him. But it was great to talk to Gideon. It felt a little like home. And no, I haven't been missing video games too much.

I'm glad Simba is doing better. Tell him hi from me. I am starting to get used to my hair, but that's because I have to get another haircut today. In a few minutes actually. The glasses are a pair of 3D glasses that elder Asquith gave to us when he left.

I did get your last letter. I'm glad to hear you won't be moving anytime soon. I wasn't looking forward to that. I could maybe use some more ties if you find some good looking ones, and maybe a few more garments. Just the small cotton tops and whatever kind of bottoms you got last time, smalls also.

We did get our flight plans last Thursday. We leave the MTC at 1:30p.m. and the plane leaves at 5:00p.m. so I'll probably call sometime in there and we also have a 4 hour layover in Paris, France, so I'll try to call there too, but I don't know what time that will be because our plans only give local times. My entire district of 7 is going together so I won't be alone or anything.

I haven't talked much about Hansen Elder because he doesn't really pass the Bryan Test. Sorry Cami.

Consecration week went well. It was a little different for me because I'm zone leader so I had to speak often to my English districts, but it did help a lot.

Tell dad thank you for the letter. I really enjoyed it. I do remember doing Elephant Butte. Did you use the same beta as last time? I still remember that too. I hope you enjoy your trip with the doctors.

Tell Cami thanks for the letter too. I love hearing from all of you. and tell her good luck on her summer goals. Just remember: "When progress is measured, Improvement increases. When Progress is measured and reported, improvement increases even more." (PMG) So I want to hear how you are doing.

I keep forgetting to talk about Sister Hottie or Hottie Nover (Sister Roderick). she was the one that Kevin found in the paper. She is really nice and a really talented singer, but she's kind of crazy. The kind of crazy you have to be to go on a mission though, so it's all good. I'll put in a good word for Kevin.

New Zone leaders got called this week, so we're doing "training". It's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to handing the Zone Leader Binder down.

So I was thinking, if you want to hear what Hungarian is supposed to sound like, you can listen to conference talks on LDS.org. I do that sometimes during MDT to get a feel for it. You go to LDS.org, go to the library menu, go to general conference, on the language page click "Magyar" click the link that says "180" in it, and then pick any talk. It's pretty ridiculous. hopefully I can talk like that someday.

Anyways, that's about it for me. I'm looking forward to talking to you all on Monday. I'll make sure I call your cell phone. Have a good week and be safe, everyone. I love you all.

Crouch Elder

1 comment:

  1. Once again...Thank you! I love reading his letters. He sounds like he's doing so well. He is always in my prayers. I feel so bad because I haven't written him once. Well, actually I did write a paragraph or two in a letter Larissa was writing when she got up and left to do something else. AND...I can take credit for the two packages he got from her...I sent 'em and even included a few things in the last one! Okay...not that that matters. We love this kid and are so grateful to be in on how things are going through his letters that you post here.
    Love and hugs...Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Followers