Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 1 - March 17, 2010

Dear family,
I only have half an hour but I can send and receive email at the MTC.
thank you so much for writing me. You have no idea how much comfort news can bring. I am alive and well by the way. The first few days were so hard, but now, I am starting to get used to it.

I'm glad that you saw Larissa. I'm going to be writing her a letter today as well. tell dad I hope he enjoys the new hat. Tell Cami thanks for writing too. Even though I have email, I hope you will keep writing me letters as well. Letters during the week, not just on p-day is a huge help.

I went to the temple today. It was really nice. We actually just got back.
A whole bunch of new missionaries were coming in as we were walking back. It was so weird to think that that was me a week ago. I didn't see Chris Gibson. I have seen Ben Johnson a few times throughout the week. He actually lives in the same building on the same floor as me.

On Monday a bunch of English elders from our branch left including a few that were going to Rapid City South Dakota. One of them received a bunch of Dr Pepper so he handed them out as going-away presents to the rest of us. I got 2 cans and a bottle so I haven't had withdrawals too bad yet.

That's really about it for news. Every day is basically the same. We have devotionals on Sundays and Tuesdays. Yesterday Elder Quentin L Cook spoke to us. The rest of them time we just have classes and meals. The food is pretty good but I don't think I'll be gaining too much weight. It's not as good as yours, mom.

Hungarian is pretty crazy. We are on a 12 week schedule but we leave in 10 and a half, which is the 24 of May I believe.

I got a package from Larissa yesterday with food and some other things in it. It was so awesome. It pretty much made my week.

The other missionaries in my group are named Hansen, Smith, Saxton, and Christensen Elderek (Elders in Hungarian) and Feller, Roderick, and Walker Noverek (sisters in Hungarian, there are some accents, but I can't do those on the keyboard)
My companions are Smith and Hansen Elderek. I get along really well with Hansen and pretty well with Smith. The older Hungarians have 11 missionaries in their district and are all really awesome. We actually have a pretty close group. The ZL's for our zone are really awesome too. Elders Johnson (not Ben) and Asquith. Elder Johnson is like the Prime example of a missionary and Elder Asquith is like a Mormon Jack black. He is hilarious.

I am really learning a lot of both Hungarian and the gospel. my testimony has probably grown tenfold since coming here.

We have simulation investigators, the first of which we taught on Monday. His name is brother Brame, and guess what. It's the same Brame that served in Ogden, and who's mom roomed with you, mom. He actually recognized me. It was pretty awesome. We start our other continuing simulation investigator tomorrow.

I really think that's about it. The only other thing I can think of is that i might need a watch. Just pick something you think I would like. Some fancy stuff like altimeters might be nice, but are definitely not necessary. I love you guys and please don't stop sending letters and now emails. sorry if there are a lot of errors in this email. I am writing fast and the shift key doesn't work very well.

Love,
Bryan

P.S. I do remember when we watched the "whale". That made me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you for sharing! I am so happy that he is doing so well and got a big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I read what he wrote about how his testimony has grown ten-fold since being there. I am so proud of him. What a wonderful young man you have for a son.

    ReplyDelete

Followers